- All moving parts are located inside the duct and are continuously heated in gas flow. So negligible hot/cold interface, so very little damage due to corrosion from dew point condensation. Only the drive shaft extends out of the duct to allow easy external maintenance to drive bearing & the actuator system.
- Unique metallic flexible sealing system that compensates for thermal growth, deflection under pressure & debris deposits from flue gas. 100 % isolation is achievable with seal air system.
- Reduce duct load, Flap damper weigh less than double the louver damper & will not induce the wind loads into the duct system as would be the case with guillotine damper.
- Quick shut/open feature available on demand.
- Eliminates gas leakage to atmosphere, only the drive shaft extends out of the duct work.
- Since no large components extend outside the duct, flap damper can be installed in constricted area such as stacked duct system.